Revise, Rework, Redo
What does your teacher mean when she tells you to revise? If you already have written a rough draft, what more is there to do?
Revision means, literally, to see again. Here is an idea of the basic revision process:
1. Give yourself a little time to “forget” what you wrote the first time.
2. Then reread it from start to finish without making any marks. Did you notice anything that you think could be better?
3. Now reread it slowly, crossing out things that should be deleted and adding details where they are need.
4. Reread again and rework as needed.
5. When you think you are finished, read it out loud to yourself to make sure it’s perfect!